10 Tips on avoiding Lower Back Pain
Lower Back Pain is a very common complaint, experienced by most people more frequently with age. Taking care of your back is a good way to avoid or minimise the problem. Here are the British Osteopathic Association tips for taking care of your back.
- Keep moving and stretching
- Take regular exercise
- Take frequent breaks between tasks and vary the rhythm
- When doing desk work try to alter your position regularly - avoid slouching
- Pace yourself when work is heavy - for example when gardening
- Adjust car seats and on long car journeys, take breaks and have a stretch
- Watch children's posture - don't let them carry bags on one shoulder
- Avoid strain when lifting especially when shopping and with small children
- If your bed is old and uncomfortable consider upgrading it
- Seek Osteopathic advice sooner rather than later
What is Osteopathy?
Osteopathy is used to treat a wide range of musculo-skeletal symptoms, click on the links below to learn more:
There are a variety of osteopathy treatments including the following: